Thursday, May 12, 2005

Alright *sigh of resigning*

This is the official start of my life as a blogger. No one will read this. I'm okay with that. Well, maybe my beautiful Hunchback.....

My classes are done for the summer as of 8:30 in the a.m. this beautiful (okay, cold and rainy as shit) day. My baby just wrote an amazing entry on his blog, the one that he had abandoned, we bought promise rings and exchanged them under bubbles on Clark just south of the Alley, and I worked for the first time in almost two weeks. Life is really wonderful.

I realized for the first time in my life what it means to look at someone and know, with every part of my soul, that this is the person I will go into battle with, become weak with, become stronger with, defend until my last breath. At Nookies on Halsted around one in the afternoon I felt something I didn't know existed outside of an acid trip.....I felt a physical connection, a strand of my essence stretching out and enveloping the essence of him. I knew at that moment what the damn Spice Girls were talking about when they said "two become one". The fucking Spice Girls! As we walked hand in hand down Roscoe street I knew there was nothing that could happen to me without going through him first.

He lets me be a girl when I want to. He lets me be the man when I need to. He lets me be strong, fierce, tough and powerful. He lets me get snot on the left side of his chest when I'm standing in my bathroom, naked, bawling my eyes out about my uncle's suicide. He draws a bath for me when I am stressed, makes me dinner when I am hungry, holds me when I have a breakthrough, applauds me when I succeed, laughs at me when I tell a joke, shuts up when I talk, smiles at me and makes me know why I am here. His smile. That thing that can melt me into oblivion, send me flying yet keep me grounded. His smile. When he smiles at me, I see myself reflected back in his eyes and I have never felt more beautiful.


Thank god for Flaming Dames 2. Thank god for Leslie, murder mysteries, three inch clits and Homer Simpson. Thank god for Steve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Broken said...

My beautiful, beautiful baby...what can I say about such a loving post? You made me cry, damnit! Tears of joy, of course. I look forward to every new day so I can see where life (or fate...or Bill, Hank, Stan, Jill, and Stacy) takes us next! I will never hurt you, take advantage of you, or take you for granted (and I swear to keep the slip-ups to a bare minimum ;o). I love you with all of my heart, Tory.

Above all other things, thank you. Thank you just for being Tory. Believe me, she's all I'll ever need.

Forever,
Your Ever-loving Blue-eyed Hunchback

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home