Sunday, October 07, 2007

Alright....

I've avoided it long enough....

Britney Spears.

She had no childhood. But she is also an adult. Unfortunately, she wasn't blessed with the ability to screw up as young adults do without cameras focused on her. At the same time, she is old enough to start taking responsibility for her actions.

I don't know. She's all over the news because she is in the bell jar. I see her od-ing in the near future. And it may not be accidental.

How much responsibility does the media have? And for that matter, how much responsibility does the public have? Of course people know they trade their privacy for loads of money and fame, but the media has changed considerably over the last few years. Instead of having privacy invaded when out in public, people are having their homes broken in to and being stalked. Vapid wastes of skin like Paris Hilton thrive in that environment, but not many others can. When I was young I wanted to be famous. Now, I don't think I would last six months.

It's always sad to see someone breakdown in front of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home