Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why, oh why...

Can't I sleep?

I realized today that it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotics I'm on that was causing my constant night itching, and not just in my arm. I also think it has been causing my insane dreams every night since Tuesday night. I will dream constantly, then wake up after each one, stay awake for a shitload of time, go back to bed and dream and wake up again. Rinse and repeat. Or the itching wakes me up. I got scared last night because I woke up with my finger in the bandage, scratching the bare skin, and I had to get up, wash my hands and the burn, then re-dress my arm and try to go back to sleep.

Tonight, I took some Valerian Root around 9 or 9:30 and here I am, almost midnight, still awake. Of course, part of that could be due to the fact that I started reading "The Stand" again today and, like most King books, I can't put it down. Even if I've read it a hundred times. But reading usually makes me sleepy. Not lately though.

But still...I've been running on three or so good hours of sleep a night, and during the day I can really feel it. But at night I start to perk up and it sucks.

And to top it all off? I had my first zombie dream last night. It wasn't a cool one like E has, where he has a light saber and takes care of some zombie business. Oh no. This was one of those slow running dreams. And at some point in the dream, there was an insect I batted out of my way, it hit the wall and bounced back into my hair. I woke up swatting at my hair.

Note to self...sulfa is bad. BAD! BBAAADDDD!!!!

It's like the first time I wore a nicotine patch to bed. But every night. Urg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home