Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Filling out the apps

So I go in tonight at 7 to fill out an application for Environment Illinois to apply for a job working to help stop global warming. I have no idea what sort of job it would be, if I would be standing outside talking to people (I really hope not!) or working in an office to help organize......no clue. But I'm excited. I'm really excited! I hope the hours are during the day for the most part, because of rehearsals.

I am really excited. I'm going to check it out tonight and hit the temp agency downtown on Friday. Hopefully between the two I can find something that pays well and, more importantly, helps me with my career. I don't know that downtown office jobs will help with the career, other than give me great skills in the office, but I already got those from the law firm. And god knows that didn't do anything to better the world. Or my self-image for that matter.

I'm really excited! I really hope this is something that works out. I would love to get paid to make a difference. And having a summer internship with an environmental agency looks great on a resume.

Look at me, being all professional and shit. Getting excited about working at a non-profit to help create change.

Would I have envisioned this a few years ago? Maybe, but not likely. Let's see how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home