Sunday, May 07, 2006

Why?

Okay, I try so hard to be accepting of everyone. I really do. I mean, it's going to be my career for the love of god, but every weekend, I feel myself hating a certain group of people. I hate the Nigerians who hang out in the Nigerian Kitchen every weekend.

They start up around 8ish or so, and scream, yell, throw things and have their bass cranked up (sometimes to the point of being audible with the windows closed, fan on and earplugs in) until about 2 in the morning. Sometimes until 4. Steve and I have had to call the cops on them multiple times. Once, because they threw a table out the window, lauching glass and wood near or on the parked cars right outside. Last night, because they had some sort of children's party that started just before 8, and from 10 until about 12:30, children were screaming outside. Screaming. Not playing. Screaming. I had to turn my TV up twice so I could hear what I was watching. And I had no windows open on that side of the apartment.

Just a few minutes ago, people were leaving the restaurant, yelling and screaming at each other. Now, perhaps it is a cultural thing for them to speak ridiculously loud. I really try to accept that. But that damn place gives us no peace. I found myself holding myself back from going up to the window and screaming, "Shut the fuck up! You scream all night, you scream all day. SHUT THE FUCK UP!" But I didn't.

A few years ago, I was guilty of having the cops called on me every once in awhile for noise violations. It was usually the annual Camenae fundraiser and maybe one party here and there that we threw. We always shut up after the cops came. We realized that we were being rude and disruptive. And we shut up. I swear, they have someone on guard, watching for cop cars to drive by. The cops never stop in to tell them to shut up, not that I've seen anyway. About five minutes after they pass by, the music is cranked, someone is screaming and the night continues on.

We moved in across from a restaurant, not a night club. But every weekend it's the same thing....insane noise, followed by a call to the cops, silence, then more insane noise.

I hate that I hate them. I really do. I don't enjoy hating anyone or anything. But there is only so much I can take of these assholes piercing the night with their screams and crashes. They block traffic, leave the street and sidewalks a mess, and just generally make life hell on the weekends.

I hate them. I can only hope a food inspector drops by and closes the place down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home