Sunday, May 07, 2006

No More Grey's Anatomy

I never got into the story line, but with shows that are centered around hospitals, it's not too hard to follow an episode. Here it goes:

There is some sort of accident.
Someone is really hurt.
Someone has died.
Someone dies on the table.
They save a baby, maybe not.
The doctors go home and eat dinner, contemplating the day.
Credits roll.

I just finished watching an awesome Desperate Housewives (yes, I am an addict) and it made me sad and a bit contemplative myself. Then I take a shower. Of course, I'm serenaded by the Nigerians who are at it again. Dry off, climb on the couch, pet Kitten and watch the last half hour or so of Grey's Anatomy.

I just don't think I can do it. Now, maybe it's the fact that I'm just about to start and my emotions are all over the place. Maybe it's the fact that I'm married, for two weeks today, and have seen my husband a total of three days since the wedding and I really miss him. Maybe it's the fact that when a mother and father watch their child die, are asked for forgiveness by the man who caused the accident, and see the premature baby that was saved in an incubator, I cry.

All I know is, I am finally almost out of the woods with dry, winter skin.....and crying does nothing but create these horrible little red dots of dryness on my face that only vaseline can fix, and I threw out the damn vaseline during a cleaning spree.

That, and the fact that I'm sitting at the computer at 10:17 at night, alone, sad and knowing that I can't go to sleep right away.

I just want things to be good. Just good. For everyone. And seeing the misfortune of total strangers doesn't make me feel better about my life. Hospital shows are too real. Regardless of the drama between the actors, the scenes of death are too real. They happen every 20 minutes. Hell, maybe less. I just don't know that there is a Wisteria Lane. Maybe there is, but I don't see the blood. Those that bite it generally deserve it. In TV land, of course.

I guess my fascination with death only applies when I'm in the mood for it. And tonight, I really wasn't.

But I'm trying to focus on tomorrow. Big final tomorrow. But the sadness won't leave, no matter how much U.S. politics I study tonight. In fact, that almost makes it worse.

The thing that keeps me going is the fact that Bush's approval rating is in the low 30's. That makes me a bit happier.



It's a sad, sad time when talking about Bush makes me perk up a bit.

I can't wait until Steve gets home. I just really miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home