Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A.M. Voices

So I woke up yesterday morning at 8:05 because I heard someone say "Tory Leigh" in a voice that demanded attention but at the same time was pleading and loving. It was the voice of my mom. I sat up, completely prepared to see her at the foot of the bed about to tell me something.

Of course, she wasn't there.

But there are moments when those voices hit....moments when there is some reason I need to hear my name said in a loving voice. And I realized, it was 8:05. A week after Mamaw died. A week and two hours after she died.. Down to the minute.

Memories strong enough to wake me from sleep? Something vivid enough to make me sit up from a deep sleep and know I was needed? Physical action burned into my mind?

I don't know. I just don't know. And maybe I never will. And maybe that's okay. I guess it will have to be, at least for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Auryn23 said...

Thank you. I soooo appreciate the thoughts. Maybe soon I'll be able to understand what the hell I'm feeling regarding this whole situation. And stop cleaning like a cracked-out OCD case.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home