Thursday, July 26, 2007

Deep Thoughts by Tory Handy

I'm back on spiders tonight. They fascinate me.

They just know what to do. Every night they build their webs (if they are the web-building type). Some eat the webs as the sun comes up. The sun comes up and they take a break. Sun goes down, rinse and repeat.

They didn't go to school to learn this. Some didn't even have a parent to watch and imitate. They just knew what to do with their time and their lives. They have an inner voice that tells them what to do and when to do it.

I am very envious of the simplicity of their lives. There was never a question. There was never the need to do more. Never the thought of lacking in something.

Of course, spiders don't know the joy that is "Law and Order: SVU". But I sometimes think I would give that up for a day of just knowing what I need to do and never feeling that sense of needing to feel or do more.

But until that moment comes, I will just have to be content with Detective Olivia Benson catching the bad guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home