Thursday, December 13, 2007

A little perspective is always good...

So I'm flipping through channels tonight and I come across "Help, I Am a Hoarder!". I started watching it and it was fascinating.

However, the thing that really puts life in perspective is the show that came on after...."The 750 Pound Man".

This man has been bedridden for the last 7 years because his legs can't support his weight. It's just amazing to me. Amazing that they had to buy a special weight because their scale would only go up to 750 pounds and he weighed more than that. It took a special ambulance to drive him to the nursing home where he is staying. He is re-learning to bathe himself.

There is a part of me that wonders how someone could allow themselves to get to that point. But I know that is coming from a self-righteous place because I am not bedridden because of weight. It would be really interesting to see studies on their lives and their emotional conditions to see where this stems from.

All I know is, I will never again bitch about being bloated because of my period. Absolutely not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home