Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A better day

The events of the last few days are still on my mind, but the fear is gone. It's just replaced by an uber-awareness of where I am, where my car is, and who is around.

It's just that primal feeling of fear, the feeling that creeps into your lower belly and holds on. I had it when we were broken into. I slept with a knife for a few weeks after. And while this is NO WHERE NEAR the same feeling, it has made me more aware of my surroundings.

I kinda fell into that pattern of thinking everything was fine, I was protected, no one would hurt me. I felt safe. While I don't feel UNsafe at this moment, I have been awakened to the fact that there are people out there who don't understand what it is to have consideration for others and their feelings.

I think it was a really good thing that the last few days have been so crazy-laden. Again, going with my gut, I really think those guys and that woman were there as a reminder to watch my ass. And I think it will save me from something much worse happening.

If I can survive maniacs running up and down the street in Rogers Park, breaking in to my home while I'm in it, banging up my car, busting out windows, and being stalked, I can handle this piddly little shit.

I just forgot for awhile that I am an amazon.

That knowledge is back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home