Friday, May 26, 2006

Blisters and the feeling of shit

Grrrr. Pounding pavement downtown hoping to walk away that nasty feeling of being a schmuck.

It had been almost 4 years since I've filled out in-depth job info and tax papers, and even then, someone was there to assist me, at least with the tax papers. Cause you fill those out once you get a job.

Temp agencies don't wait. They get all your info right away.

I was hungry. That was my fault. I should have eaten something. My sugar was crashing and I was making the woman next to me look at me as my stomach was growling, filling out those damn papers.

I got the dates wrong on where I lived in the last ten years. The dates wrong on the last three jobs I've had. Completely FORGOT one job, and it was the last one I had before the institute. Scratch marks all over the damn place and not knowing any phone numbers to places I've worked. Or fax numbers. Or even how much I made an hour.

SO my complete lack of memory will most likely make me look like a liar and not someone to hire. Awesome.

And it's been so long since I've worked as a server that I don't think a restaurant would take me.

Went to the social security office twice today, once without the paperwork I needed and once right after they closed. My feet have blisters and I'm just all shades of pissy. Just pissy.

I just wish I could do today over again, at least the beginning parts of it. urg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home