Thursday, October 07, 2010

TOTALLY ENGAGED!!

Yes, it happened!

It was perfect. We went to Nashville to look around all the cute little shops and such, just spending a day together. We hadn't had a weekend day that wasn't filled with packing, moving, unpacking or cleaning and organizing for about three months. We were due some quality down time.

We walked through this adorable area beside a store where the trees had grown over and it made a small little tunnel. There were flowers everywhere and not a lot of people. It had been raining most of the day, so the bench was wet, but we stopped in the shade and rested a bit, by his suggestion.

I kept talking about how much I liked the way the trees hung over and all the flowers, and he said, "I like you", reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring. He said, "I would get down on one knee, but I'd get all muddy and wet and you'd have to help me back up and we both don't want that. I love you. Will you marry me?"

Of course I said yes. Of course.

Thirteen years in the making. I still get a shock when I look down and see the ring and how it shines. It's beautiful. And we have plenty of time to plan and make the day perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home