Monday, October 10, 2005

The Family

Well, I spent my first weekend in Michigan with Steve and his family. Leslie went with us because it just so happened that the same weekend we'd had this trip planned, their friend Corinne got married. Her wedding was Saturday and it worked out perfectly.

I had met his dad before for a very brief moment between our flights from Austin to Chicago. We had a layover in Detroit and he met us at the airport. This weekend was great. I met his mom, brother and his wife, and stayed with his dad. I think they liked me and I liked them. It was a really good visit all around.

It's weird to think about it this way......I've met my future in-laws. That is such a bizarre concept for me to have in-laws. Since I'm an only child, I've never had a brother or sister-in-law, and for so long, I never thought I would get married to anyone. It's so amazing to have a whole other family become a part of mine. It's just something I never thought of. My family, whether by marriage or blood, was always just mine. I never had to enter it (other than as a baby) and it was always just THERE. Now there is something totally new, new dynamics to enter into, new joys and sorrows that I'll be sharing, new issues and general family things that I'll be a part of.

It is all so overwhelming but amazing. That's just all I can say about it, I guess. Overwhelming but amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home