Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tee hee....

Life is just so goddamn good right now.

The first event was awesome. The next one will rock even harder. The third one will blow people's minds. And I was a part of all of it.

I got a paper back from my grad level Gender, Power and the Body class, and aced it. And I wrote it during the migraine/24 hour flu thing.

Got an A on my algebra test.

Got an A on my Sociology of the Family test.

Got an A on my Contemporary Social Issues test.

My hair is really curly today.

Had a great rehearsal for Dido.

Can't wait for Cubicle to get up and running.

Get to see Amy and Olivia and Mamaw and mom and dad in two weeks.

Steve is, of course, my shining light through all of my days.

176 days until the wedding.

I get to wear my great grandma's wedding ring.

I am truly happy.

There are a few moments in life where I just stop, look around and realize, this is what it's all about. Of course, those moments can also come during great tragedy. But those moments, when combined with pure happiness, just amaze me. It's like a big neon sign flashing "Hey kid, you are awesome!"

There will be more moments of great happiness. There will be more moments of great tragedy. But through it all, I have purpose. I have meaning. I have been given meaning through the love of Steve. I have been given meaning through the love of my family. I have been given meaning through the love of my friends. And I have taken meaning out of experiences that have happened in my life that I could never understand the reason for. I could never understand Ball State, except to solidify itself as a place I will never return to. I could never understand things that happened to my body, to my soul, to my heart, except to hope that they made me stronger.

They did so much more than just make me stronger. They made me realize what I don't want from life, and just how far I'm willing to go to get what I DO want. And I know, for the first time, exactly what I want.

It's amazing, that a little thing like purpose can pull breath into a body that felt it had died long ago.

I am so thankful. I am almost crying. I am so thankful. To everyone. My Indiana blood family, my New Millennium and Camenae families, my Chicago friend family, my new two person family. Everyone and everything has helped to make me who I am and damnit, for the first time in a long time, I like who she is. No, I love who she is.

And that, my friends, is what it's all about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Royale said...

Oh my god, you almost made me cry! I was gonna tell you to stop bragging, but then I kept reading! I'm so happy about the ring, I'm so happy that Steve brings so much to your life, I'm so happy for the things you have been able to bring to your own life. I'm so happy for what you bring to mine. I'm just so fucking happy!! kisses xoxoxo and I hope to be having coffee with you this morning!!

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home