Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A new newness.....

Shopping for in-laws.

It's never happened before. Ever.

And it's wonderful. Steve has been working all this week while I've been getting everything ready to go for the weekend. So, I have been the one shopping. And shopping for his parents.

It's amazing. I feel like an adult for the first time. I know that I have been an adult for quite a few years, but there are moments where it really sinks in. Buying presents for two sets of parents is one of those moments.

His mom sent us a Christmas card. On the front it said, "To my son and "daughter". It was soooo sweet! And wonderfully weird. To be called a daughter by someone other than Jim and Rhonda. Wow. It makes it all the more official!

What a wonderful Yule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home