Monday, June 12, 2006

Some reason

Okay, I have to understand that there is some reason it has taken me this damn long to find a job. I have confirmation that two of the three people I interviewed with at the Hyatt really liked me, and I'm just waiting to hear about the third one. And I was told they would try to get me in on Monday, today, to start training. But it's after 3 and I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope I got it.

I think I know why Kelly never called me back. I messed up so much on that application, on my computer tests and realized I gave them my resume with my new last name, not telling them that to check for references, they would need to use my middle name. And I never heard from them at all.

I haven't heard anything at all from Debra either. She was going to present me to a possible job in Arlington Heights and to a law firm, but I didn't get a call about either position. I guess that's a blessing, especially if I do get this job at the Hyatt. Then I won't have to say, "Sorry, I already got a job" because, even though I haven't heard anything, I would still feel bad in a weird sort of way.

I'm just anxious. Just nervous and excited at the same time, and it's never something I handle well. Wanting to know something eats at me. And I'm excited to be bringing money into this relationship in some form other than student loans or a part time gig.

I know my background check came back just fine, because I have nothing on my record at all. And I already asked.....they don't check parking tickets! So I should be just fine.

I know they're busy, but I just need to know if I got it or not. Even if they don't get me in today or tomorrow, just knowing I got it will release some tension that has been building up......and I don't know that I can handle one more job where I think I have it, only to not hear anything at all.

I'm just freaking out and need to calm myself. It will all work out. There are reasons for everything, and I have to hold on to that thinking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Royale said...

There's nothing wrong with calling them...I had to do that at the Zone, and Flott was like, oh shit, yes come in tomorrow! Plus it shows them you're really interested in the job, and employers like that, ya know!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home