Friday, June 02, 2006

Time for that long story

Okay, so the reason for my bike's name.....

I was going to buy the bike when I worked at the bike shop. Amazing deal on it. A messenger left it after having some repairs done on it. Over a year, and he never claimed it. To make up for the loss in the shop, they sold me the bike for the amount of repairs he had done.

This was all going to happen after I got my student loan check in January. The third week in January, to be exact.

The second week of January is when Mike killed himself. Once the shock subsided, the grief process took over. And I bought my bike.

For those who may not know or haven't experienced it, the grief stages can come and go, differ in intensity and frequency....basically, you could be diagnosed with intense manic depression and multiple personality disorders, all in the name of grief.

When I got the bike, I knew I needed a name for it. And I knew that name would come to me if I let it. I was locking it up in the apartment one day after a long ride, and was thinking to myself how if I were manic depressive, they would label me a rapid cycler, since I was going through all the stages in quick firing time. Then it hit me....my bike is my rapid cycle. Since it got me through the grief. It rode me through the really bad times. It helped me save my sanity.

My bikes have all been named after times in my life. My first bike as a young pre-teen was my Menstral Cycle. Then my Bi-Cycle for my college days. Now, my Rapid Cycle.

That's the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home