Monday, October 09, 2006

Have to take a break

from this damn midterm.

Although it feels wonderful to sit at the computer and feel that I am accomplishing something. I feel that old Tory coming back.....the one that gets so wrapped up and lost in her own world of school and learning that all else goes away. I have had a good hour and a half of writing about something other than how I'm feeling, and it feels wonderful.

But now I have to give my brain a moment of peace. And in that moment of peace I decided to write.

But the difference is this......I'm not writing about how much pain I'm in or what I'm feeling. Nope. I'm writing about how damn good I feel. How good it feels to be in my world of higher education again. I was afraid I was so consumed with all that's going on in my personal life that I wouldn't be able to reach that part of me again this semester.

But I've already lost time and missed readings because of all of this. And this is my job. This is my full time job. I've been shirking. But not tonight.

Now is time to give the eyes some peace as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home