Monday, November 27, 2006

I have much to be thankful for.

I had an amazing weekend with my parents. I came home to an amazing cat and an amazing group of friends. Amy's surgery went well and she is on the road to a quick recovery.

There are many things to be thankful for right now. I am thankful for every opportunity I am given to grow and change. I am thankful for having felt love and having been betrayed, because both make me stronger and help to complete who I am. I am thankful for my ability (newly learned) to look within myself and separate myself from the emotions of the situation and see the reality of the situation. That is something I've never been able to do before. I'm thankful for this whirlwind last few months, because they have given me hope....I had to search for that hope when it seemed that everything was falling down around my feet.

I am thankful for my friends who have stood beside me through one of the most life altering moments in my life. And for standing behind me during the aftermath of that moment. And, for those days before. I am thankful for the gifts they bring to my life; strength, a sense of worth, a sense of purpose, love and support.

I am thankful for my parents. I see them as my friends now, and have for the last few years. And it was such a good weekend, splitting time between them so I had equal, quality time with both. It was just good. I don't remember a time when it felt that good.

I am thankful that Kitten has only drawn a few cups of my blood this year. Of course, until she gets over being angry that I was gone for the weekend she may draw a few cups more. But I'm hoping she will chill out quickly and let me go back to loving her. Otherwise, it'll be kitty stew for Christmas!

I am thankful that I'm sitting here, in my new apartment, in front of my desk, breathing in and out, knowing that there is something much larger than I can even comprehend just above the horizon for me. It's coming up quickly, and I can feel that surge of energy within my belly. There are things in motion that can never be stopped, and I would never want them to.

I know I am able to love. I know I am able to forgive. I know I am able to put myself first. I know I am a survivor. I know I can heal. And those are the changes within myself that I am the most thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home