Friday, April 20, 2007

Wow

Today was an awesome day!

I BOUGHT A SCOOTER!

It gets 100 miles per gallon, gets up to 45 mph, which is perfect for the city, and gave the guy who sold it to me my number.

Yeah.

It was so much fun.

Here's the story......

So I went in to the store today, just going to look. This guy named Eric comes from behind the counter and we start talking. After I find out all the really cool stuff about the scooter I was looking at (it's a Geniune Scooter Buddy 50), I asked him if I could take one for a test drive. He said that their insurance didn't cover it, but he would be more than happy to drive while I rode, just to get a feel.

I got on the scooter and said, "Alright, I'm gonna be getting pretty close here." and kinda laughed. He said, "Um, that's okay. That's good. I'm okay with that." And we both started laughing. He took me for an AWESOME ride around the area, and I knew that I totally wanted to buy it. He told me he would throw in a helmet for free.....

So I left to do some more errands, and after thinking about it, decided to go back and get it. I called him (he gave me his card) and I hopped in a cab. When I got there, I heard him talking to someone else behind the counter and the other guy said, "Yeah, we can give her the front rack." I finally got Eric's attention and we started the buying process.

He went into another room for a minute and came out with a box of cookies from IKEA. He offered them to me. So I ate a cookie, he did more stuff, conversation ensued, and he left and came back with a carton of strawberries! So I ate strawberries. More paperwork. He comes back to the counter with a box of Cherry Heads! He said, "I'm just in the mood to give today!" He gave me a magnet, front rack and helmet for free. We talked more.

Finally, the bike was ready. He walked me to the back and asked if he could take it for a quick ride, to make sure it was working okay. He came back, and I gave him my number. On the lid of the Cherry Heads box. Since we talked about how getting a scooter was even cooler with Cherry Head breath. I told him that since he was so giving today, if he wanted to ever see a show, I would pay.

So I drove off. It was a BLAST! I am still working on steering, but I went to a spot on Ravenswood where there are parking spaces and worked on it a bit. I'm still getting used to the turning, but everything else was like, well, riding a bike!

I just got back and went to take pictures for the parents (and the camera battery was dead, so it's charging) and when I sat down to write this, saw I had two new messages. One was from mom.

The other was from Eric. Just making sure I made it home okay.

So I'm going to call him. And tell him I made it home okay.

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home