Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh my god.

The show "Platinum Weddings".....just ridiculous. There was a wedding that cost half a million dollars, just because. HALF A MILLION DOLLARS! Seriously. I am really trying to separate my own feelings about weddings here and looking at it from an objective point of view. Half a million dollars. Do you know how much education that would buy? How many meals for those starving? How many animals could be saved?

When I wanted to get married, I wanted it to be simple. I think the wedding was. Of course, I wanted to elope but that's beside the point. I just couldn't even fathom spending that much money on a wedding. I'm sorry....I think statistics help to prove that, no matter how much you spend on a wedding, it doesn't guarantee the marriage will last. There are no guarantees for that at all.

I guess I just can't stand the thought of spending that much money on something that I may, in the future, come to regret. Or have all those expensive memories cease being happy wedding memories but painful memories. Expensive, painful memories.

I guess if someone has that much money to begin with, there really isn't a second thought about spending it on that.

And now I have the "Sanford and Son" theme song in my head. Soon to be replaced with the "Threes Company" theme song....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home