Sunday, November 20, 2005

My day

I finally had it. My day.

The last two days were spent with me sleeping and/or crying the entire time, until show time. I thought it was one thing or the other, but I really think it was everything combined. Totally overwhelmed. My body said, "um, yeah, we're shutting down now" and it did. The shows went really well. But I was a zombie before and after each one.

Today, Steve and Mike went to a Bears game. They haven't seen each other in months and I was planning on spending all day in bed anyway, so I was happy for him to go. I took over the counter sleeping pills last night, put in the earplugs, hit the pillows around 2:30ish and woke up to say goodbye to Steve around 10:30 this morning.

I woke up and smiled. I smiled for the first time in weeks. A true, I am happy to be alive smile. My day just got better.

I treated myself to breakfast at my new favorite restaurant, then headed over to Jewel to get us some healthy food (my body is SCREAMING for healthy food, after all the shit I've been putting into it lately). I drove around for awhile, came home, put groceries away, watched Top Gun and my Punky episodes, took a bath, put lotion on, pampered myself and I feel like my old self again.

I know it's a combination of things: There is no show or rehearsal tonight, I had my first day to myself in months, I finally slept last night with only two interruptions, and I had a nice bath and good food.

I was blaming it all on rehearsals and the show, or school and homework, or this or that. It was all of it.

And now it's gone. Dealt with. History.

I am sooooo freakin' glad I'm back. It's amazing how much you can miss yourself when you are gone for awhile. I really missed myself. It's not like me to not laugh or make smart ass comments or go out with friends after a show.

I'm so glad I'm back. And Steve is too!

Yay.

And opening weekend was awesome. Exhausting, but awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home