Thursday, December 22, 2005

Wrapping the presents....

We will be done as of tomorrow. Yeah, we don't push the time, do we? Nah...we'll procrastinate later.

Tomorrow I am going to the mall with Leslie to see if there are any dresses for me for the wedding. I really don't want to go to a bridal shop right now, especially since a 'cheap' wedding dress is still around $300 or so. My senior year prom dress cost me $50, including shoes and jewelry. It was the best prom ever.

And the dress is still pulled out for random parties. It's a wonderful investment.

Now, the wedding dress will not be pulled out for random parties, I don't think. That will stay safe and a one-time outfit. But I don't need a $1000 dress to stand in front of my family and friends to say I love him. Not needed. Besides, it is my day to be the prettiest princess at the ball, and I will be, no matter what I'm wearing, because the glow I'm going to have cannot be bought anywhere for any amount of money. That alone will cause me to be the prettiest princess, even if I'm wearing cargo pants and a sweater.

Two of my girl friends are also getting married next year, and I think seeing their enthusiasm is helping me regain mine. Now that classes are over and the stress of the holidays is almost non-existant, I am able to think about the wedding again.

And, if all goes well, we won't have to worry about paying for a space. THAT, my friends, will help out in ways unmentionable. That means we can beef up the money on food and alcohol and just have a wonderful time.

I will have a wonderful time regardless. If it ends up being in our living room, I will have a wonderful time.

Since we both have the rings we're going to be wearing (my great-grandma's and my grandpa's), I bought little ring boxes that look like gift bags and put our rings in them and hung them on the tree. We were talking today about maybe wearing them, just for Christmas, since they are, in a sense, a Christmas present to us from my family. After the day is over, we will put them back in the box and wait until the day.

Four months from tomorrow. 18 weeks. Not too many days.

And it will be awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger LC Greenwood said...

I'm not sure, but I think it's bad luck to wear your rings before the wedding. You should look that up.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Leslie Royale said...

I must concur with LC...plus, leave the special rings for the special day...have SOME tradition, at the very least, for MY SAKE!!! heeheehee :) kisses...

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home