Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dr. Feelgood

So yesterday I was feeling all shades of shitty....stuffy and runny nose, sneezing, a bit of the lightheadedness and wishing I could sleep. I took some Claratin at work and it really didn't do much. Didn't know if it was just that that particular medicine doesn't work for me and it really was allergies, or I was getting sick.

So....came home and took matters into my own hands. And wanted to share if anyone is interested in possibly healing thyself.....

In case it was allergies, I did the following: chewed a large chunk of honeycomb. Bees collect pollen to make honey, right, and the pollen is strongest in the honeycomb. Something about eating pollen helps to block airborne pollen....it's like getting a vaccine. Although it doesn't last as long.

Then, I took two flash freeze dried stinging Nettle capsules. Again, there is something in the nettle that acts as a vaccine against airborne allergines.

Finally, I took some Sabadil. It's a homeopathic anti-allergy medicine that worked really well for Steve when his allergies were flaring big time last summer.

But still not sure if it was allergies or an actual cold, I prepared for both.

For a cold: I made some pasta. Yep, easy. In the sauce, I put three heaping tablespoons of minced garlic and added olive oil infused with garlic oil. It was nothing but garlic. It helps to build the immune system and just the smell alone helps to clear up nasal passages.

Then, my favorite: this is actually a homemade cough syrup/sore throat syrup. Take about a clove of garlic, or a tablespoon of minced garlic, and put it in the bottom of a small dish. Cover the garlic completely with honey. In a few hours there will be a clear liquid that rises to the top of the honey. Tip the container and try to get as much of the clear liquid on a spoon as you can. Drink up. That clears the sinuses, the honey soothes the throat, and drinking an infusion of pure garlic and honey helps to surpress coughs.

As I went to bed, I drank a shitload of water, took a vitamin C pill and a regular vitamin.

This morning, there is still a bit of stuff going on in the nose, but nothing compared to what it was yesterday. So, I will continue this all again today and see how that treats me.

It's amazing the things you learn about treating colds and allergies when you are poor, have no health insurance and not enough money to keep buying over the counter remedies. And, with all of these things, there are no mediciny-type side effects, no drowsiness, and no fear of drug interaction. Love it.

And garlic just tastes damn good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home