Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy fun times!

I just got word, via Kerrigan, that I am going to be able to check something off my list of things to do before I die.

In May, I am going to be spending a week in Browning, Montana, volunteering with the Blackfeet Reservation. Building infrastructure, serving food, spending time at an elderly center, taking care of children, etc. Whatever they decide I would be best at.

The evenings and weekends are free times for the volunteers. Possible activities include attending Pow-Wows, shopping, swimming in a river or creek, and HORSEBACK RIDING! HORSEBACK RIDING ON AN INDIAN RESERVATION. HORSEBACK RIDING ON AN INDIAN RESERVATION IN MONTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONTANA!!!!!

So, basically....in case anyone missed it, I will be volunteering (which always feels wonderful) in Montana. And riding horses. In Montana.

This information could not have come at a better time. Nothing heals the temporary blahs like hearing about horseback riding. In Montana. On a horse. In Montana.

I blame Robert Redford for my obsession with Montana. Damn him and that beautiful background scenery in "Legends of the Fall." And of course, I say "damn him" lightly....I still want mom to love me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home