Tuesday, January 02, 2007

At the end of the day

"At the end of the day." It's a phrase used to signify the ending of a roughly 16 hour period in which we are awake and about to surrender to sleep.

It also means something much more final. Something much more concrete than just going to sleep. It also means "in the end", which is far more finalizing sounding than "at the end of the day". But they both mean the same things.

Example: At the end of the day, I shut off the lights and lay down in my bed. I write in my journal. I make sure the cat has food and water. I extinguish all candles. I lock the doors. These all happen at the end of the day.

Another example: At the end of the day, I am alone.

But something very important that I realized in this thought while taking a bath..... At the end of the day, yes, I am alone. But, in the same vein, I am guaranteed that no one is cheating on me. No one is hurting me. No one is lying to me. Because I am alone. And I chose to never lie, cheat or hurt myself again.

It's okay to go to bed alone. And wake up alone. I have chosen those things. I have made the decision to have this be my life.

We all have to live with those choices that we make.

And, at the end of the day, I'm pretty damn happy with mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home