Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The last five days were just what I needed. Complete relaxation. Quality time with Amy, Max and Olivia. The warm weather of Austin. The ice storm that hit, completely making the warm weather of Austin null and void.

There will be pictures to show how my five day weekend was. They are action packed and full of all the exciting adventures we went on while iced in.

It was awesome. I loved it.

And I realized something.....at the airport security stand.....attempting to get cleared to board an airplane is very similar to movie scenes were someone wakes up, realizes they were really drunk and made the mistake of sleeping with someone they didn't want to. There is a mad rush to put on your shoes, your belt, gather your belongings and get the hell out of the way before someone notices you.

Yes. Airport security makes me feel like a slut.

And it's funny to be standing next to people who are grandparents and watch them feel like sluts.

I also realized something on the way home. This is my home. There is no doubt about it. I've lived here for almost a decade, and I still get so excited when I see the skyline. That means I'm home. A home full of past loves, current loves, and future loves, in whatever form they may take. While it's nice to get away and be somewhere where no one knows you, it's also very rewarding to come back to a place where many know you. Where people know all the good and the bad.

I love the experience of traveling, but coming home reminds me I have lived. Seeing sights, being around family, experiencing new things....those are all wonderful and help to make me feel whole. But coming home from those experiences always reminds me of who I am, what I have and where I'm heading. It's like falling in love with this city all over again.

So yes....these last five days have been wonderful. I have needed this much more than I realized. Both seeing the part of my family I don't see much and falling in love with my city all over again. It was the perfect ending to a perfect long weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home