Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Alright.....

It's time for me to vent.....

Okay, yesterday I wore flip flops and a t-shirt. The jeans were almost too hot for me. Getting in the car, both mom and I broke into a sweat.

Now? NOW IT'S FUCKING SNOWING!

I can't wait for my nose to start alternating between stuffy and runny. And the sneezes. Oh, so excited.


Driving back from Bloomington today (and driving there on Sunday) I saw more dead creatures on the side of the road than I have in a long time. It was so sad. I know, logically, if one is driving 70 mph on a freeway, they are not likely to stop and bury something that runs in front of their car. But just the fact that there were things lying on the side of the road that no one seemed to care about just really bothered me. Is it that something had to be loved in order to be missed in death? Because someone didn't love a raccoon it's okay to leave it to rot along the side of the road? I remember the day I hit a possum. I was driving back from Shawnee late at night. I hit it. It came right out in front of me. I had some rubber gloves in my trunk, I pulled over, pulled it off the road and attempted to bury it to the best of my ability. Sure, I didn't love the possum. But it was a living creature that I killed, however accidentally. I still took the time to show some level of respect in the fact that I killed it.


Now this, I have no one to blame but myself.....I was watching Fox News (I know, this just writes itself at this point) and the big question of the day was whether or not Angelina Jolie should be able to adopt more children. Okay. Since when are we to decide who has kids and who doesn't (aside from pro-lifers who believe they have the right to decide that any woman who gets pregnant needs to be a parent...)? Have there been questions as to the health and safety of her children? Do they have suspicious bruises that were explained away? Does she drive around with them not in car seats? She is giving children a chance at an amazing life, taking in children who, for whatever reason, don't have families of their own. If it wasn't Fox News, and they weren't international children, I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue. In fact, can those same people who believe she shouldn't be able to adopt sleep at night knowing that Brittney Spears is popping them out at amazing rates? And she doesn't even need to go to an adoption agency. Ah, the gene pool is getting shallower and shallower.

Also on Fox News (again, this is comedy GOLD) was a story about a religious scientist (and I believe his last name is Moler, but I'm going to look that up to make sure) who believes he has proof that homosexuality is genetic. Which is enraging religious groups who believe it can be cured. At the same time, he is also suggesting that he can find an "cure" for it in vitro. Which is enraging the gay community. So we have a choice....if it's genetic, there will be tests and prenatal "cures" being introduced to children not yet alive. But if it's genetic, then maybe it's not the horrible thing some seem to believe it is. And all those ministers who diddle their male buddies and go through therapy to "cure" it are full of shit. And if there IS a link truly found genetically, and that gene can be found before birth, I just wonder how many religious based pro-lifers will change their tune....just saying...

Urg.

Snow after 80 degrees. People pissed that a seemingly good parent will adopt another child. The ever enduring debate on homosexuality. Fox News.

I can't wait for my spa tomorrow. I'm going to sit in the cedar sauna, jacuzzi and eucalyptus steam room before my full body hour long herbal wrap, which takes place just before my full body, full hour massage. And an hour or two in the relaxation room, sipping tea and napping. Damn, I have needed this day for about 10 months.

This just in.....43% of this population said no, that Angelina shouldn't adopt more children. I am ashamed to live in this city at this moment.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home