Friday, March 24, 2006

Le Sigh

So last night was Thursday. I didn't take a shower at 5 pm. I didn't bust ass to get out the door by 6. Dido is over. I have my life back. Finally.

I got two papers back that I wrote a few weeks ago. One was a B+, which I'm kinda freaked out about, but the other was an A+. Yes, this professor does +/- for the grades, which I like. I enjoy seeing how far I am away from the next grade up. But I'm a nerd. And nerds do that sort of thing.

Things are getting better every day. We have the rehearsal dinner planned, we have a space for the wedding, Steve has two jobs (but one will have to go by the wayside.....we'll see after this weekend which one stays), things are just generally better.

I am really getting excited about the wedding. There is a part of me that just wants it over so our lives can go on and be normal again. There is a part of me that can't wait for the day because of what it is.....the day I get married to the one I love. There is a part of me that is really scared about wearing my ring. It was my great-grandmother's wedding set, and the top part sticks out further than I'm used to. I worry so much that something will happen to it. But it will be fine. Just paranoid.

It's going to be so weird to go by a different last name. I'm keeping mine, but it will be moved to my middle name. I will have two middle names. Crazy. But, I didn't want to lose that part of my identity, but at the same time I want the unity a shared name has. Plus, it will sound like Tombulgere, which is a great memory from Shakes I.

I am just ready for it to happen. I don't want to wait these last four weeks. shit. four weeks. But I have no shows, no anything keeping me from focusing on the wedding, school and work. I'll be all good.

This post has no real meaning. Just early morning gibberish while I'm waking up. No coffee yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home