Thursday, March 22, 2007

So very funny now...

This is a poem I posted back in July, when the knowledge that something just wasn't right was setting in hard-core. And I remember being asked about it, and brushing it off as pertaining to Mamaw or something like that. And I remember just how clever I thought I was that I was airing out my worst fears in a "covert" way....

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fighting sleep
complete rambles coming from some swollen place
wanting to know what
is
going
on
and fearing the truth.
Knowing
there is something under the skin
waiting for an open wound
to slide out
and breathe the air.
Glances over the shoulder
and under beds
to find that one thing
that will set the mind at ease.
The power of a woman's mind
knowing while given nothing
but moments of doubt.
But as all things,
all will be revealed
in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home