Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Infamous Weekend

So, mom and dad came up this weekend to give me their truck (to help with the move) and meet Steve. How did it go???

FABULOUS!

Within 24 hours, they refered to him as a future in-law twice. Dad made a wonderful comment: "I actually slept really well last night, for the first time in a long time. I think it was Steve that made me sleep well." HUGE, I tell you! They were instantly in love with him and they understand now why I am the way I am because of him. Just a magical weekend.

We get the keys for the new place on Tuesday. Not just any Tuesday, however. We get them on Summer Solstice. One of my favorite holidays!

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs.....

Now, the final test will be when Steve meets HRH Olivia in Texas next month. Of course, he will pass with flying colors (she's a very observant four year old). My aunt will see her husband Max in Steve (which mom commented on and I noticed right away when we first got together). Max will see himself in Steve and they will let their nerd/dork flags fly high the whole time, I'm sure. Mamaw will love him because he is sweet and respectful and treats me well. And mom and dad are already sold. Yep, it's all good.

Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home