Thursday, July 28, 2005

Don't Mess With Texas

And other scary things.....the trip was wonderful. The family loves Steve, I got SO much quality time with HRH, and all is well. Our flights there and back were very good, except the delay in Detroit along with our layover. Otherwise, non-eventful. Which is the best to hope for when flying, in my opinion.

I was thinking last night (and was reminded this evening) that we need to have our housewarming party. I feel like I've been so separated from everyone lately. I don't think it's the whole "nuclear family relationship" thing, but it's been the timing. The damn timing. The month of July (and June and May) had been too crazy to do anything but what needed to be done. Everything else was put on hold. How many coffee dates do I have that I missed? How many dinners? I'm so happy I was able to do the things I was able to do, but I feel so apart from everyone I love. Even with Steve....during this past month we only saw each other when there was something we had to do. It's become much more relaxed here, but there's still stuff to do. I keep holding my breath until August.....

I'm not going to Michigan this year. Next year, maybe. I know I went to the festival when I did because I needed that feeling of being beautiful, accepted, loved and wanted. It wasn't just the women, the nudity or craziness that happened in the Zone, but the whole place itself was glowing with this amazing energy. I felt, completely and totally, accepted and loved, beautiful and sexy. I don't need anonymous women and 650 acres to feel that way now. However, it is an amazing recharge of the mental battery. By next year, I'm sure I'll be craving it. Especially considering how much I'm planning on pushing myself to get done with school this year and next summer. I would love to be done by the end of summer next year. Then on to the masters program. At which point, my happy ass will NEED 650 acres of amazing energy and nothing to do but sit at my campsite, eat all natural vegetarian food and listen to some amazing music.

Maybe I'm missing it a little bit, now that I'm remembering the feeling.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home