Sunday, May 13, 2007

The weekend

This weekend = Amazing.

Got to spend a lot of quality time with Mom, Dad and Mamaw.

Graduation was long, but wonderful. We were the last group to receive our diplomas (Bachelors of Arts and Sciences) and when I was about five steps from the stage, I actually started to feel nervous. I got that feeling in my stomach like I was about to be on stage performing. And in a way I guess I was.

The after party was very congested, packed with people from corner to corner. It was in much too small of a place, but it was still nice. Once the crowd started thinning out a bit.

Then that night at Dames with mom and dad. Mamaw decided to stay in that night, and dad was the VSP. And he loved it! There are some very incriminating pictures of it.... But it was a blast. They really enjoyed themselves, laughing and seeing my friends.

Saturday was nice...it was kinda quiet, even though we did some shopping and running around the city. It was a much slower pace than Friday, and it was very nice.

Then today, I got to have breakfast with them for Mother's Day. I haven't been able to do that much in the last few years, either because of having shows or doing the Breast Cancer walk. But it was so nice to be able to wake up with them and have breakfast.

I still kinda feel like I'll be going back to Roosevelt, either this upcoming week or this fall. I don't know that it's really sunk in yet that I'm done. Done. Maybe because I have another five years of schooling before I'm really done. But my time at Roosevelt is over, and I don't know how I'll feel when that really sinks in.

I'm sure I'll have much more on my plate as the time passes this next year and a half. Working, taking the GRE, continuing with volunteering...all of those things will make me more than busy, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Then the hell starts....and I can't wait.

So for now, I will concentrate on moving and making my new place as wonderful as this one. I will find that job that will make me happy and feel I'm doing something great. I will ace my GREs and be accepted to my school of choice. All of these things will happen, because I will make them happen. It's up to me now. And I'm more than ready for the challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home