Friday, June 01, 2007

Wow

Take that frown and turn it upside down.

So today I realized that I have been pretty down all week. I don't know if it's actually that I was down, or the fact that I've had nothing to do for a week for the first time in years. Either way, I was feeling a bit like shit and not like myself.

So today I decided to pamper myself a bit. I got my first ever mani/pedi at a salon. It was awesome. So relaxing.

Then I stopped by Ethel's on the way to get my hair cut (and as my final hurrah to chocolate), and the woman working behind the counter was so impressed with how excited I was (she actually told me this) that she gave me four pieces for free. One was a new one to try, and the other three were her favorites.

Then I went to my usual place for my haircut. As always, she did an awesome job and I'm in love with it.

Then I went to Hama Matsu for some sweet potato and avocado sushi. De-lish. That's all I have to say about that.

I feel like I'm back. I don't think it was a depression as much as it was a boredom. And it's been so long since I've been able to relax with NOTHING to do whatsoever that it felt alien to me. And I felt like something was wrong.

But I know in this week I've dealt with a few more things that needed dealing with. And that just makes me very happy. But I didn't realize it until I started feeling happy with myself.

While eating sushi, I heard the song "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend". I have to disagree wholeheartedly. I believe that a day of doing nothing but what you want, and pampering yourself and taking care of yourself is a woman's best friend. Hell, anyone's best friend. A day filled with nothing but fun things and great food....there isn't much that can top that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home